This is a RE-ADVERTISEMENT of Announcement Number: ST-10985832-21-JS. Applicants that have previously applied MUST re-apply to this announcement.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as the Senior Level Information Technology (IT) Cybersecurity Specialist (Information Security) in the Navy Authorizing Official (NAO) Directorate of the U.S. Fleet Cyber Command (FCC).
- You will serve as an executive technical and policy advisor to the Fleet Cyber Command and the Navy, analyzing, developing, advising/influencing technical groups, acquisition boards, Department of Defense (DoD) and Navy-wide cyber policy forums.
- You will exercise Navy-wide technical authority for Authorization to Operate (ATO) determinations and decisions to maintain oversight of community risk and the DoDIN and to ensure Navy-wide compliance with statutory, Federal, and DoD requirements.
- You will provide visualization of the status and performance of the Navy network on a global scale, influencing the development and deployment of enterprise-wide applications and services.
- You will execute steps of the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) in making cybersecurity risk acceptance decisions for Navy networks and information systems to protect integrity of DoD Information Network and achieve cost-effective combat readiness.
- You will assess program effectiveness and apply technical and functional capabilities to investigate and analyze trends, problems, and issues that may indicate the need for institutional changes in approaches and methods within the RMF.
- You will leverage these broad insights to advance the integration of RMF concepts and processes into all aspects and elements of the NAO program mission, and support the DoD Digital Modernization Strategy.
- You will perform strategic analyses, assess and plan DON's integration with DoD's globally interconnected, end-to-end set of capabilities and associated processes for collecting, processing, storing, disseminating, and managing information.
- You will collaborate with DoD colleagues to advise the DoD Chief Information Officer (CIO) on how to reform cyber risk management policies and practices to be more effective, yet responsive to the needs of the warfighter.
- You will provide technical direction, guidance and business oversight to assure it employs the RMF to prioritize critical systems and assets; identify and analyze mission risks; and tailor cybersecurity implementation to mission parameters.
- You will establish 'battle rhythms' with representatives of Navy Echelon II and Major Commands serving in their IT portfolio management roles as cybersecurity Package Submitting Office.
- You will coordinate with DoD/DON major stakeholders to support development and enforcement of the overarching strategy for Assessment/Authorization process and cybersecurity risk management policy implementation efforts on Navy networks and systems.
- You will proactively participate in deliberative and crisis action planning for the broader FCC operational mission, especially in the Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) and DoD Information Network Operations (DoDIN Ops) lines of operation.
- You will lead critical cyber processes in support of Navy Authorizing Official operations and customer support; and ensure consistency of functions across all Navy networks and systems under the Fleet Cyber Command purview.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591313400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.