This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Engineering Services Division (ESD), Sensors & Electronics Branch (SEB), Safety and Navigation Section (NAV) in Portsmouth, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as a Computer Engineer (CYBER) and be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and evaluating cybersecurity related information systems throughout the systems development life cycle.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Build, test, and modify product prototypes using working models or theoretical models
- Develop Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations plans for systems under development and ensure testing prior to systems entering a production environment
- Utilize models and simulations to analyze or predict system performance under different operating conditions
- Employ configuration management processes
- Conduct a market analysis to identify, assess, and recommend commercial, Government off- the-shelf, and open source products for use within a system and ensure recommended products are in compliance with organization's evaluation and validation requirements
- Design, implement, test, and evaluate secure interfaces between information systems, physical systems, and/or embedded technologies
- Implement designs for new or existing system(s)
- Provide input to implementation plans, standard operating procedures, maintenance documentation, and maintenance training materials
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
12 - Position may be filled at the GS-11 or GS-12 level. Promotion potential to the GS-12 level.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591291300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.