This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Full Performance Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure.
- Developing standards and criteria for assessing storage array performance, availability, and capacity or configuration problems; maintaining storage array integrity and availability.
- Designing, setting up, configuring, and maintaining cloud and container infrastructure.
- Reallocating resources as they become available, optimizing systems performance, recommending additional components to improve overall performance, and optimizing the functionality of fiber channel networks and storage systems.
- Evaluating and recommending selection of new systems diagnostic tools; diagnosing and recovering failed systems.
- Managing the installation of software and hardware, systems fixes, updates and enhancements and resolving installation problems.
- Identifying and mitigating security vulnerabilities and risks; ensuring the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of system administration services.
- Overseeing the management of accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591257300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.