You will serve as a Marine transportation Specialist in the Total Force Management Program Office (N1) of MILITARY SEALIFT COMMAND.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as a principal authority and liaison for both underway steaming and shore-side bridge simulator navigational assessments program and related remedial training programs for licensed merchant marine deck officers.
- You will provide functional support and subject matter expertise for observing and arranging for follow-up assessment of selected navigational skills of deck officers from the Third Officer to Master.
- You will conduct assessment via actual observations during shore-side bridge simulator navigational assessment sessions, but may also include sea maneuvering/piloting evolutions.
- You will analyze data provided that includes formulation of both summarized observations and corrective recommendations and provide programmatic follow-up to ensure the safety of the command fleet at sea.
- You will provide subject merchant marine master expertise in the maritime field in interpreting navigational assessment debriefings and written reports from the training facility.
- You will provide and develop budget estimates for contracted navigational assessment services annually and assist when tasked in developing proposals to acquire in-house bridge simulators for assessments.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591144000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.