THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a ELECTRONICS MECHANIC (T32), Position Description Number D0876000 and is part of the AL AASF 3, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
ORGANIZATION: AASF #3, MOBILE, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: CW3 B. SEIBERT
AREA OF CONSIDERATION FOR ALABAMA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD POSITION:
AREA 1: All permanent Alabama Army National Guard civilian excepted technicians currently employed.
AREA 2: All drill status/M-day personnel in the Alabama Army National Guard.
AREA 3: All U.S. citizens or individuals eligible for membership in the Alabama Army National Guard.
(1) Troubleshoots, inspects, installs, maintains, overhauls, repairs, and modifies complete operational systems consisting of numerous complex integral components. Examples of equipment worked on include: navigational radios, Doppler or inertial navigation systems, global positioning systems, automatic planning systems, night vision systems, targeting systems, communications radios, flight control and stabilization systems, weapons systems, aircraft survivability equipment, specialized mission equipment and similar electronic and navigational equipment.
(2) Completes operational checks, inspections, tests and troubleshooting of line replaceable unit (LRU). Isolates unusual malfunctions using technical manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams, tools and test equipment including automatic test equipment. Solves problems by analyzing installation, circuitry, and operating characteristics of the systems. Adjusts and aligns sensors, transmitters, amplifiers, power supplies, display devices, controls, actuators, servos, computers and other related components. Removes faulty LRUs for shop repair. Installs serviceable components into aircraft. Accomplishes technical manual compliance and modification of components and systems. Maintains, modifies, calibrates and inspects a wide variety of user test, measurement, and diagnostic equipment (TMDE).
(3) Completes bench check, testing, repair, inspection, modification, programming, reprogramming, mating, adjusting, alignment, and analyzing of LRUs and shop replaceable units. Uses a variety of test equipment such as automated test equipment (ATE), oscilloscopes, multimeters, powermeters, combined Boresight Harmonization Kits, and special purpose bench test sets.
(4) Recommends methods to improve equipment performance, technical data, and maintenance procedures by reporting hardware and software malfunctions, initiates materiel deficiency reports both on equipment and in technical data, and assists in design changes as necessary.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591120500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.