The position is located in the Office of the Secretary of Defense, DoD Chief Information Office (DoD CIO), Office of the Deputy Chief Information Officer for Cybersecurity (DCIO (CS))//DoD Senior Information Security Officer (SISO), Special Access Program Information Technology (SAP IT) Directorate.Learn more about this agency
This position is a DoD Cyber Excepted Service (CES) personnel system position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1599f.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It is being recruited under 10 U.S.C. 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service (CES) personnel system.
If you are a current Federal Career/Career-Conditional employee, you will be placed on an Excepted appointment.
This appointment does not confer eligibility to be non-competitively converted to an appointment in the competitive service.
For more information see https://public.cyber.mil/cw/dod-cyber-excepted-service-ces/
Incumbents typical work assignments may include the following:
- Interfaces with the Military Departments, all component's Special Access Programs Coordination Office (SAPCO), and other DoD Components to ensure that SAP information technology and communications activities and governance are aligned and executable.
- Develops policies and standards in order to promote effective safe sharing of information for all agencies operating on classified computer networks
- Assists the DCIO and Director, SAP CIO in managing, directing, executing, overseeing and implementing Special Access Program Information Technology policies, strategies and programs across the DoD
- Oversees component SAP IT investment decisions to ensure consistency with the Department's budget submissions, and coordinate all service and component SAP IT investment actions (including POM) to ensure financial reality and ability to execute
- Serves as spokesperson for the DCIO and Director, SAP CIO on SAP IT issues in meetings and other forums to communicate decisions, viewpoints, and requirements
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/591111000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.