THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SUPERVISOR (T32), Position Description Number D129000 and is part of the AL FMS 14, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
ORGANIZATION: FMS #14, TALLADEGA, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: WO1 D. MANGHAM
AREA OF CONSIDERATION FOR ALABAMA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD POSITION:
AREA 1: All permanent Alabama Army National Guard civilian excepted technicians currently employed.
(1) Planning: Plans use of subordinate workers, equipment, facilities, and materials on a week-to-week or month-to-month basis. Establishes deadlines, priorities, and work sequences, and plans work assignments based on general work schedules, methods, and policies set by the supervisor. Coordinates work with supporting or related work functions controlled by other supervisors.
(2) Work Direction: Assigns tasks to be performed based on readiness and explains work requirements, methods, and procedures. Investigates work related problems such as excessive costs or low productivity and determines causes. Implements corrective actions within their authority to resolve work problems. Recommends solutions to staffing problems, engineering requirements, and work operations directed by other supervisors.
(3) Administration: Plans and establishes overall leave schedules. Determines training needs of subordinates and arranges for accomplishment. Sets performance standards, and makes formal appraisals of subordinate work performance. Initiates recommendations for promotion or reassignment of subordinates. Ensures that regulations governing safety and housekeeping are observed with appropriate protective clothing and equipment being utilized.
(4) Performs non-supervisory work, such as, transporting equipment, performing maintenance tasks, etc.
(5) Develops, publishes, and ensures employee compliance with standing operating procedures for the activity supervised. Implements and complies with agency, state, and federal regulatory Occupational Safety and Health, and environmental requirements. Ensures use of quality conformant products through compliance with established materials shelf life programs.
(6) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises. May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operation, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or to serve as a team member on boards to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590872200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.