You will serve as a SUPERVISORY NUCLEAR ENGINEER/HEALTH PHYSICIST in the RADIOLOGICAL CONTROL OFFICE of PSNS and IMF.Learn more about this agency
- You will manage, direct, control, monitor, interpret and seek resolution on all matters pertaining to the effective planning and conduct of such the radiological control program.
- You will provide routine on-site Radiological Control Project Engineering (RCPE) support.
- You will provide oversight of radiological work to ensure compliance with local and corporate instructions and requirements.
- You will provide oversight of technical review/concurrence of Technical Work Documents and Ship?s Force Formal Work Packages per the Radiological Controls Agreement.
- You will maintain the Radiological Control Agreement between the Yokosuka Detachment and the forward deployed Carrier.
- You will assist the Person in Charge for radiological spills and develop the Course of Action to provide further instruction following initial spill response.
- You will oversee the performance of or direct the performance of the following: Issue and readout of personnel and area monitoring dosimeters.
- You will coordinate troubleshooting and replacing defective equipment.
- You will meet with subordinates to assign objectives, plan and resolve work related problems, and to review the progress of assigned work.
- You will resolve technical, scientific, and engineering problems beyond the capacity of subordinates, and problems that involve policy determination or that potentially establish precedent
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590730800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.