This position is located within USDA, Agricultural Research Service's Plant Germplasm Introduction and Testing Research Unit in Pullman, Washington. The selectee will serve as a Research Leader for a project entitled Management of Priority Legume, Oilseed, Forage Grass, Sugar, Ornamental, and Medicinal Plant Genetic Resources and Associated Information.Learn more about this agency
Please note that this announcement was updated to reflect that applicants may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses.
- Serves as Research Leader of the Plant Germplasm Introduction and Testing Research Unit, also known as the Western Regional Plant Introduction Station (WRPIS), Pullman, Washington.
- Supervises a multidisciplinary research and service team of six scientists, three staff members, and three technicians and is second-line supervisor for several technicians.
- Has project leadership and fund holder responsibility for three projects with a combined annual budget of $3.2 million.
- Serves as the WRPIS Station Coordinator with responsibility of coordinating the operations (planning, executing and reporting) of a complex Western Regional Project W-6. Contributions are of national and international scope.
- Serves as Lead Scientist for a project entitled Management of Priority Legume, Oilseed, Forage Grass, Sugar, Ornamental, and Medicinal Plant Genetic Resources and Associated Information.
- Responsible for directing plant genetic resource management, research and interpreting and reporting all results involving cool season food legume and vegetable plant genetic resources.
- Conducts independent research on plant genetic resource management, genetic characterization, evaluation (e.g., for host-plant resistances or tolerances) and/or enhancement of priority germplasm collections to promote germplasm utilization.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590724300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.