THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY) (T32), Position Description Number D1100000and is part of the AL 142 MP HHC BDE, National Guard.
ORGANIZATION: 152ND MP CO, DECATUR, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: MAJ C. NORMAN
(1) Incumbent is responsible for military personnel and administrative work for the unit. Advises supervisor of administrative eligibility requirements for personnel applying for training courses. Provides regulatory information and completes documentation required for actions such as fraudulent enlistment, involuntary order to active duty, conviction of military personnel by civilian authority, State Military Code violations, etc. Functions as the primary source of guidance and assistance to the unit commander and other members of the unit on military personnel matters, including application of rules, regulations, and procedures. Ensures the unit commander is advised of important changes in administrative and personnel regulations or directives.
(2) Initiates and/or completes personnel actions for the unit such as appointment packages, new member personnel in-processing, discharges, promotions, reductions, MOS assignments, and transfers. Completes enlisted efficiency reports. Assists unit leadership and members in the completion and processing of individual enlisted promotion packets. Compiles documents necessary for processing of formal and in-formal line of duty determinations. Maintains military personnel files for all assigned and attached personnel. Reviews and updates military personnel and mobilization records with unit members for daily operations and/or state and federal missions. Maintains required family-care plans. Ensures all pertinent and required data for unit members are current and properly coded into the automated reporting system. Maintains the unit reference library and publications account.
(3) Prepares and submits payrolls for inactive and active duty training including uniform allowances, supplemental and incapacitation payrolls. Researches and corrects pay discrepancies. Assists soldiers in gathering and submitting documentation necessary to receive educational and bonus incentives. Initiates requests for discharge and submission of SGLI benefits for deceased soldiers. Counsels soldiers and spouses on retirement options and benefits and processes forms as necessary.
(4) Posts publications, maintains files, posts updates, and changes. Functions as the unit file manager. Prepares a variety of reports, or correspondence, pertaining to unit status and operations such as strength reports, unit record of reserve training, replies to inspection reports and inquiries, etc. Receives and distributes incoming mail.
(5) Assists, as required, in training administration for the unit. Contacts organizations or individuals to arrange for use of facilities such as, small arms ranges, for training. Requests or ensures required training materials and training aids such as, ammunition, pieces of equipment, films, models of equipment, etc., are on hand. Assists unit members in the preparation of training and evaluation outlines, proper methods of instruction, obtaining reference material, and teaching aids. Prepares training schedules. Completes applications for service schools, officer candidate school, and correspondence courses.
(6) Assists in maintaining working relationships with local officials, clubs, etc., for a variety of purposes such as armory security coordination with police, suitability investigations, armory rental, unit participation in celebrations, or fund raising drives. Provides public information about the National Guard to appropriate agencies. Works with community organizations to obtain support for the National Guard. As directed, attends meetings as the National Guard representative to effectively coordinate the National Guard's participation in civic activities.
(7) As required, assists in completing supply transactions for the unit in the absence of the Supply NCO/Technician. Requisitions, receives, stores, issues, and accounts for supplies and equipment such as rations, ammunition, fuel, clothing, office supplies, forms and publications, communications, equipment, small arms, tool sets, vehicles, etc. Posts, updates, and maintains, in current status, unit property records such as, hand receipts and equipment checklists. Initiates reports of survey when necessary and statements of charges for lost, damaged, or destroyed property.
(8) As directed, performs recruiting duties to maintain the unit at authorized strength. Assists the unit strength manager in developing and maintaining relationships with schools, community organizations, and other groups. Participates in school activities and civic activities such as "career days" for the purpose of informing individuals and groups of the benefits in joining the National Guard.
(9) In the absence of a janitorial staff, works with other assigned full time support personnel to care for, clean, and maintain the National Guard Armory, including lawn care and general user maintenance.
(10) Performs other duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590701200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.