This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as a Lead Electronics/Electrical Engineer in either the Waterfront Support or Research and Design Divisions of the Ocean Engineering Department (OED) at PSNS.
- You will be responsible for engineering projects associated with deep submergence systems and submarine design and maintenance.
- You will lead technical systems projects in areas of electrical/electronic hardware, software, power, life support, control, indication, video, lighting, sonar, communications, alarm, networks, database, and advanced system development support.
- You will support the planning, development, evaluation, implementation, modification, and operation of deep submergence systems cognizant of OED.
- You will, as an engineer in the Research and Design Division of OED, develop detailed designs for electrical/electronic systems, including technical requirements documents, drawings, and test plans/procedures.
- You will, as an engineer in the Waterfront Support Division of OED, write detailed technical work documents for execution by production personnel.
- You will troubleshoot systems, hardware and/or software, reports findings, propose solutions, and implements repairs.
- You will direct and review efforts of lower grade engineers and technicians in preparation of technical documents.
- You will represent OED regarding electrical/electronic systems in meetings with outside organizations (NAVSEA, SPAWAR, CNO, NSWC, NUWC, Ship Design Managers, Technical Warrant Holders, Operators/Ship's Force, Contractors, etc.).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590591000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.