This is advanced professional work providing technical expertise to the assigned team supervisor in the Cybersecurity Department.Learn more about this agency
Work includes providing subject matter expert review of team processes/procedures to ensure optimal efficiency and effectiveness; recommending and optimizing architecture of applicable team technologies and/or tools to achieve maximum effectiveness and efficiency in accomplishing team goals and objectives. Work is performed under the direction of the team Supervisor. This position supports technical and/or functional oversight and coordination of the cybersecurity program for the respective branch.
- Serves as an internal consultant and advisor in own area of expertise (e.g., technology, tools, standards, best practices, processes, etc.).
- Supports assigned supervisor on overall enterprise information security architecture with the organization's overall security strategy.
- Advises supervisor on risk levels and security posture.
- Interprets and advises the assigned supervisor on appropriate application of laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures to specific issues.
- Interprets patterns of noncompliance to determine their impact on levels of risk and/or overall effectiveness of the team's cybersecurity mission and objectives.
- Provides support to the assigned supervisor in the development of cyber operations specific indicators measuring success and attainment of team goals and objectives.
- Provides support to the team for planning/developmental forums and working groups as appropriate.
- Develops short-term and strategic training events for the assigned team in conjunction with Supervisor's/Branch Manager's approval.
00 - Yes
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590558500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.