This position is located at the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Science (ARS), Zoonotic and Emerging Disease Research Unit (ZEDRU), National Bio and Agro Defense Facility (NBAF), Manhattan, KS.Learn more about this agency
- Perform leading research in solving current and emerging problems on the highest consequence BSL-4 pathogens of livestock.
- Develop collaborations and communicate technical information pertaining to zoonotic and emerging diseases of the highest consequence to animal and public health.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize technical information to develop new knowledge on the pathogen-vector-host interrelationships of zoonotic and emerging BSL-4 diseases such as Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) and Nipah Virus.
- Prepare written work products based on important scientific information that is the basis for preventive measures to protect U.S. animals and the public from zoonotic and emerging pathogens of livestock.
- Manage a research program, including personnel, equipment and fiscal resources following agency?s mission and scientific procedures, requirements and protocols.
- Supervise employees, to include setting performance standards, monitoring performance, and guiding subordinates
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590498300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.