This position is located within Agricultural Research Service, Field Organization, Pacific West Area, Physiology and Pathology of Tree Fruits Research in Wenatchee, WA.
Assists in one or more phases of the research process by performing a variety of technical duties, in a laboratory, field, or greenhouse environment, to investigate the molecular regulations of apple root resistance to soilborne diseases manage soilborne diseasesLearn more about this agency
- Maintains inventory of chemicals, prepares solutions and reagents for use in the laboratory, field, or greenhouse, and safely disposes of waste material (both chemical and biological).
- Tabulates, statistically analyzes and summarizes data using personal computers and software packages.
- Performs routine and recurring techniques and studies using a variety of specialized equipment.
- As directed, searches for literature pertinent to the physiology and pathology of tree fruits for new procedures or techniques to use in the laboratory or field.
- Prepares biological samples for DNA/RNA isolation and manipulation including PCR, qPCR, and DNA cloning and plasmid construction, generating and maintaining transgenic plants.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590469200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.