This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Who May be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Joining the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) means being part of the team focused on securing the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to public health and safety, economy, and national security.
Visit www.cisa.gov to learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
This is an agency-wide position, which is comprised of several geographically separated divisions with a nationwide force: Infrastructure Security Division, Cybersecurity Division, Emergency Communications Division, National Risk Management Center and several organizational units. Typical work assignments include:
- Implement security requirements such as those resulting from laws, regulations or Presidential directives
- Assess new systems design methodologies to improve software quality
- Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerability, risks and protection needs of activities.
- Develop assessment test plans, assessment reports, and provides remediation or mitigation strategies.
- Perform cyber defense incident triage, to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact, identifying the specific vulnerability, and making recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
- Document and escalate incidents that may cause ongoing and immediate impact to the environment.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 5 nights for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590459100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.