This position is located within the J4 at FMS 18 in Ellington AFB, Harris County, TX. The purpose of this position is to perform organizational and limited direct support maintenance on a variety of communication electronic equipment and related devices supported by the activity.Learn more about this agency
As a ELECTRONICS WORKER (Title 32) with the Texas Army National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Installs, maintains and repairs a variety of electronics components, related devices and equipment from fixed, semi-fixed and mobile facilities.
- Performs limited direct support maintenance and repairs, such as aligning and tuning electronics equipment; replacing defective switches, relay armatures, transistors, cannon plugs, wiring harnesses, slip rings, potentiometers, AC and DC motors, blower assemblies, converter assemblies, igniter assemblies, semiconductors, etc.
- Conducts organizational level inspections of electronics equipment, identifies malfunctions, and troubleshoots electronics equipment to determine cause of failure.
- Uses a variety of test equipment, such as systems test sets, frequency meters, ohmmeters, multimeters, signal generators, watt meters and special and common hand tools.
- Modifies communication and electronics equipment in accordance with prescribed Modification Work Orders and Technical Bulletins.
- Schedules and performs required services, monthly, and periodic organizational maintenance on electronics equipment.
- Inspects communication and electronics equipment prior to issue to using units to assure that it is operating properly.
- May perform organizational and limited direct support and repairs on automotive and heavy mobile equipment, artillery weapons and other equipment supported by the shop.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590230700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.