The incumbent serves as Research Leader in the National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research, Crop Bioprotection Research Unit. The incumbent leads a broad research program that addresses national research needs for new biological control agents, processes and methods.Learn more about this agency
- Conducts and leads research to identify, develop and enable commercial production of bioactive metabiolites and microbial-based biological controls to support integrated pest management systems.
- Expands fundamental knowledge of biological interactions between beneficial pathogens, target host pest and environment to enhance the production, formulation and application of beneficial microbial products for sustainable pest management.
- Supervisory duties include:
- Provides vision, establishes and maintains an advisory stakeholder base and develops research programs to address stakeholder priorities.
- Exercises leadership and supervises personnel assigned to the unit.
- Maximizes the creativity and productivity of the unit.
- Hires personnel and manages the human, fiscal and physical resources assigned to the unit.
- Serves as the Unit fundholder.
- Provides technical information and conducts consultation both internal and external to Agricultural Research Service.
- Ensures the proper interpretation and reporting of scientific research results.
Occasional travel - Local, national and international travel is required to attend workshops, scientific conferences and training.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590226800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.