This position is located in the Office of Science and Technology Cooperation, Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs (OES/STC). As a Foreign Affairs Officer on the Global Engagement team, you will develop, implement, and oversee cross-cutting programs that harness the power of science and technology for economic growth.Learn more about this agency
- At the GS-13 level, the incumbent performs essentially the same duties as outlined below; however, the scope and complexity of assignments are of less responsibility and independence and receives closer supervision than the GS-14 level.
- Serves as the Office's lead program manager for science, technology, and innovation capacity building programs that focus on youth in low and middle income countries. Leads efficient and effective planning and execution of programs.
- Provides technical, program policy, and program planning consultations. Develops and proposes resolutions of policy and procedural issues and coordinates implementation of management decisions.
- Monitors political, economic, social and other significant developments that may affect programs with an emphasis on low and middle income countries in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. Offers insight and recommends effective U.S. policy choices.
- May participate in special studies concerning issues or program areas of expertise, as need arises. Conducts site visits to grantee/contractor organizations, both in the U.S. and overseas, as needed to collect information.
25% or less - May require some domestic and/or international travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590160100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.