The incumbent serves as the Supervisory Orthotist/Prosthetist in Prosthetic and Sensory Aids Service (PSAS) at the Memphis VA Medical Center.Learn more about this agency
The Supervisory Orthotist/Prosthetist designs, fabricates, or fits orthotic or prosthetic devices to preserve or restore function to patients with disabling conditions of the limbs and spine or with partial or total absence of limbs.The general responsibilities of the Supervisory Orthotist/Prosthetist are to administer, supervise, or perform work concerned with providing clinical and laboratory prosthetic and orthotic services to disabled patients. The selectee will serve as a regional resource/consultant for orthotics and prosthetics. The selectee will serve as supervisor and laboratory for large laboratories and multiple satellite sites. Including in this series is such work as:
- Planning, developing, and directing an Orthotic/Prosthetic Laboratory and related Clinical Activities at the local level.
- Serving as an advisor to physicians, therapist, and other medical professionals with regard to indications and contraindications of prosthetic and orthotic componentry, prescribed criteria.
- Authorizing the purchase, fabrication, or repair of prosthetic devices.
- Maintaining continuous liaison with manufacturers and dealers of prosthetic supplies, inspecting their services and participating in the award of prosthetic appliance contracts.
- Participating in investigating/research project studies by selecting patients as pilot wearers of newly developed prosthetic items, evaluating the usefulness of such items and compiling of data.
- Giving technical and administrative advice and assistance on prosthetic problems to other facilities.
Work Schedule: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590151000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.