The position serves as a Lead Purchasing Agent for the Logistics Service in the White River Junction VTLearn more about this agency
Veteran Affairs Health Care System (VA HCS) and supported catchment area.
- Distributes and balances the workload among employees
- Makes day-to-day adjustments to align with established priorities and goals
- Identifies training needs and gives on the job training to new Purchasing Agents
- Purchases various equipment, supplies, and services through the use of the government purchase card for micro purchases
- Reviews and edits purchase requests
- Obtains necessary product information, price information and procedures for written or verbal purchase orders
- Tracks obligations/commitments and monitors expenditures
- Researches, reviews, develops spreadsheets, and prepares reports
- Ability to compile, consolidate, organize, and summarize specific procurement information
- Performs a variety of receptionist, timekeeping, record keeping and miscellaneous duties
- Perform other duties as assigned
Compressed/Flexible: Not available
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Lead Purchasing Agent (EX) (Logistics)/PD99879A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: None
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required None
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590077100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.