The Supervisory Payroll Technician serves as a member of the Finance Service and reports to the Chief, Fiscal Service. The Supervisory Payroll Technician provides direct supervision to employees performing a variety of duties in the Employee Accounts Section and is responsible for the full range of payroll duties under an automated system.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to perform as a Supervisory Payroll Technician in the Fiscal Service at the Memphis VAMC. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the work assignments of the other employees of the team are carried out by performing a range of duties such as:
- Performs payroll account reconciliations and regular reviews to ensure integrity of payroll data.
- Verifies the processing of tax levies and collection of other debts due to the U.S. Government.
- Verifies the authorization documents and coding of the appropriate data for input into an integrated system to properly update employee master records
- Readily identifies, evaluates and processes documents such as saving allotments, health benefits, life insurance, federal and local taxes, residence and check mailing, COLA, uniform allowance, union dues, leave group changes and other recurring deductions
- Verifies the reviews of time and attendance cards of diversified workforce covering a variety of different types of appointments and employment situations under various pays systems (GS, WG, etc.) with different entitlements to pay, leave deductions and benefits based upon pay plans.
- Verifies complex pay adjustments which may involve transfers between pay systems differing in pay, leave, and benefit entitlements. Adjustments may be retroactive over an extended period of time.
- Analyzes data entry and verification
- Assures training of unit timekeepers and conducts periodic audits to assure conformity.
- Verifies duties of the control point activity to include receiving and controlling the routing of all input documents to be processed under the PAID system.
- Perform Audits
- Reviews and analyzes audits and special investigative reports to advise on recommendations.
- Meets the needs of customers while supporting the Medical Center and Service Mission. Consistently communicates and treats customer (all medical center staff, financial institutions, courts, IRS, VACO, and other Medical Centers, etc.)in a courteous, tactful and respectful manner.
Telework: Not authorized
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Supervisory Civilian Payroll Technician/PD011090
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position. VISN meetings and/or initial training
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590051600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.