The primary purpose of this position is to assist and serve medical providers and nursing staff of the PCS Procedural in collecting and performing a variety of tasks related to diagnostics and procedures within their scope of practice, as well as the completion of clerical and administrative duties.Learn more about this agency
- Knowledge of the standard medical terminology for the human body; basic understanding of medical and surgical conditions; ability to perform diagnostic procedures.
- Obtaining blood specimens venous, urinary catheterization, attaching patients to monitors for continuous cardiac, oxygenation, and respiratory monitoring.
- Sets technical factors for invasive procedures such as Central Line and Continuous Bladder irrigation;
makes precise adjustments to clarify readings and measurements on equipment; ensures proper cleaning and performs minor maintenance and adjustments on equipment.
- Entering, editing, researching, scheduling, and canceling required actions within computer programs such as RMS, CPRS, DHCP, and Inpatient Bed Board.
- Filing, organizing, and performing quality assurance on medical and unit records; taking inventory/ordering and stocking clerical supplies; troubleshooting and fixing common issues associated with complex equipment such as printers, copiers, and scanners.
- Reports any pertinent information to the professional staff to aid the professional staff; asks the patient questions from the admission form; serves as receptionist for the unit, receiving and handling both personal and telephone contacts courteously.
- Ability to perform EKGs, orthostatic blood pressures, applying cold/warm compresses, wound and dressing changes and wrapping extremities.
- Knowledge utilizing patient lift equipment and performing Environment of Care tasks such as but not limited to area cleaning, organizing, and stocking.
Position Description Title/PD#: Health Technician/PD004680
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily physically active and requires extensive and prolonged standing, walking, bending, lifting, sitting and carrying of items, and involves pushing and pulling of wheelchairs/stretchers/mobile equipment. The work requires above average agility and dexterity. The work may require heavy lifting of equipment, supplies and/or patients in conjunction with patient lifting resources as available. The work requires the ability to multitask while performing administrative, clerical and clinical duties.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589966600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.