Education and length of practice are considered through a formal pay-setting process to determine the final compensable salary (Base Pay + Market Pay)Learn more about this agency
POSITION IS IN THE PRIMARY CARE SERVICE, AT WHITE RIVER JUNCTION
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS: RESUME
THIS POSITION MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE EDUCATION DEBT REDUCTION PROGRAM
The White River Junction VA Medical Center in Vermont is seeking a board-certified physician to join our dynamic Patient Aligned Care Teams (PACT). PACT assists Veterans Health Administration (VHA) in transforming Veterans' care by providing patient-driven, proactive, personalized, team-based care focused on wellness and disease prevention resulting in improvements in Veteran satisfaction, improved healthcare outcomes, and costs. The PACT model is built on the well-known concept of the patient-centered medical home staffed by high-functioning teams. The applicant's duties will be 80% direct patient care, and 20% teaching and/or research. The applicant will be the Primary Care provider for a panel of patients and will deliver both longitudinal and episodic care to the panel in a team setting. Full time is desired.
The individual must be board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine with a strong commitment to excellence in teaching and patient care. The White River Junction VA Medical Center is a core teaching hospital for the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth. The candidate must be eligible for faculty consideration and faculty appointment will commensurate with experience at the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth. The faculty member will be expected to participate fully in the education of Internal Medicine residents and medical students. There are no on call responsibilities.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills and abilities to: conduct comprehensive health assessments; determine diagnoses and health care needs; and to construct health care plans based on effective therapeutic ability, consultation, patient education and established practice guidelines;
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate patient care through patient management techniques within assigned Primary Care team;
- Document patients' health care clearly, adequately and accurately as defined by medical record documentation, chronic disease and prevention indicators;
- Provide supervision for resident physicians, primary care nurse practitioners and students, physician assistants, medical students
- Maintain clinical and administrative competencies;
- Conduct clinical evaluation to improve patient care;
- Serve on Medical Center committees and/or work in planning groups to address issues pertaining to primary care; and
- Provide patient care to VA rural satellite clinics using telehealth modalities with intermittent on-site patient care.
The White River Junction VA Medical Center is located a short distance from Dartmouth College and the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in what is termed the "Upper Valley" of the Connecticut River on the border of Vermont and New Hampshire. This is a vibrant community offering excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and an outstanding quality of life in beautiful New England.
White River Junction VA Medical Center, Dartmouth College/Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinic/Geisel School of Medicine are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including Veterans, women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, or any other legally protected group.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589922300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.