Education and length of practice are considered through a formal pay-setting process to determine the final compensable salary (Base Pay + Market Pay)Learn more about this agency
Responsibilities1. DUTIESIncumbent will work as the Chief of the Podiatry Service providing guidance and oversight of the Podiatry Services. Incumbent will work as a podiatrist in all aspects of patient care including inpatient and outpatient care.
Incumbent will be responsible to run a Podiatry outpatient clinic and an inpatient service, while meeting acute care and specialty services requirements.
The Chief for Podiatry is accountable to the Assistant Chief of Surgery for Clinical Care, and the Chief of Surgery.
Incumbent must meet all educational requirements for a Podiatrist for Federal employment and credentialing.
Incumbent must demonstrate leadership skills and a high degree of personal and professional skills, interpersonal relations, critical thinking, problem solving and conflict resolution.
Incumbent must demonstrate knowledge of patient care management, resources management and continuous quality improvement.
5. CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Appropriately documents own interventions and reviews appropriate health team documentation of patient treatment plans and involve the primary care provider when indicated to treat changes in the patient's condition.
- Recognizes complex situations that impact patient care and intervenes, using sound judgement, professional attitude and appropriate channels.
- Participates in establishing policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure adequate, comprehensive services.
- Participates in in-service training programs and maintains competencies.
- Participates in direct patient care utilizing tele health technologies.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends in professional issues.
- Evaluates the need for, and provides education to, the patient and or their family concerning the patient's treatment and diagnosis.
- Uses professional standards of care and practice to evaluate programs and activities.
- Develops and leads interdisciplinary teams to improve organizational performance. Recognizes impediments to health care delivery and uses problem-solving/performance improvement approaches to improve outcomes.
- Participates in performance improvement activities related to the service line and quality improvement process.
- Tracks and trends issues related to care delivery and role implementation.
- Evaluates need and participates in interdisciplinary ad hoc committees/process action teams for constructive problem solving.
- Establishes objective and measurable goals that are appropriate for case load size based on patient population and diagnoses.
6. AGE, DEVELOPMENT AND CULTURAL NEEDS OF PATIENTS REQUIREMENTSEstablishes ongoing relationships with professional groups within the community
- Develops and implements interdisciplinary standards of practice and care.
- Conducts self-review of current practice and seeks constructive feedback from peers.
- Facilitates open dialogue among peers, supervisors and staff.
- Communicates effectively with patients, families/significant others and the health team members.
Recognizes impact of age-specific care needs and incorporates this into the assessment and treatment planning processes.
Initiates appropriate referrals and consultations to other clinical services.
Presents accurate information in interdisciplinary and public groups.
Fosters good public relations when interpreting philosophy, policies/procedures, goals and objectives to staff, patients and the public.
7. COMPUTER SECURITY REQUIREMENTS
Incumbent is required to acknowledge and sign rules of behavior in order to access and use VA systems.
Incumbent will protect sensitive information from unauthorized disclosure including using encryption products approved, and provided by, the VA to protect sensitive data.
Work Schedule: Full-Time.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589861800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.