This position is located within Environmental Management Services (EMS) of a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Wilmington, Medical Center. The primary purpose of this position is to exercise technical and administrative supervision over subordinate workers in supporting and performing task (e.g., environment of care, textile distribution and training) associated with the EMS goals and objectives.Learn more about this agency
- The position is delegated responsibility for assigned staff for routine and non-routine duties on a daily and a project-by-project basis. Non-routine duties require that the position reorganize work schedules efficiently to ensure work is accomplished in a timely manner.
- The position is responsible for assuring the efficient and economical accomplishment of work assignments of subordinates within established policies and schedules set by higher levels of supervision.
- The position trains staff and ensures that they are using the patient centered care principles in terms of customer service to patients, patients' family members and personnel. Provides on-the-job training for subordinates as individual needs dictate. The position schedules regular meetings with staff to make them aware of new procedures or directives.
- The position keeps the supervisor informed as to the condition of staff, unusual occurrences or matters that should be brought to the attention of their supervisor.
- Keeps subordinates abreast of proper methods, procedures and uses of equipment and supplies; control the use of supplies and equipment to affect cost control within the unit.
- The position approves leave requests for subordinates, counsels' employees, and recommends disciplinary action to a higher-level supervisor whenever non-compliance with policy warrants.
- The position performs within established guidelines, operating procedures and department and medical center policy. The position keeps immediate supervisor apprised of actual or potential problems and recommends remedial corrective actions.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 0700am -0330pm
Position Description Title/PD#: Housekeeping Aid Supervisor 04029A
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589816000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.