This position is located in the Facilities Management Service (FMS) section of the Eastern Colorado Health Care System (ECHCS) in Aurora, Co. The Maintenance Mechanic performs a variety of tasks involved in the upkeep of buildings, grounds, and related structures, fixtures, and utilities. This position is a NTE 9/30/2021, not a permanent position and continued employment after the NTE expires is not guaranteed.Learn more about this agency
The Maintenance Mechanic performs a variety of tasks involved in the upkeep of buildings, grounds and related structures, fixtures, and utilities. The duties are performed within at least two of the following trades: painter, plumber, carpenter, pipefitter, electrical equipment repair, and plaster. Work areas include both Area Maintenance functions and Project Support. The major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Renovating structures involving the construction and installation of new metal stud-dry wall partitions, door openings with frames, and doors with all hardware including locksets and closers;
- Installing floor tile, vinyl floor covering, carpeting, and trim and finish work such as wood and vinyl baseboards;
- Laying out and installing ceiling systems and overlay plaster ceilings with glue on acoustic panels;
- Fabricating cabinets and countertops, cutting and installing window glass, building and installing window frame mounts, and repairing and replacing door closers, doors, window frames, and sashes;
- Installing ceramic wall and floor tile, protective wall coverings, and corner guards and laying concrete and brick and performing other masonry repairs;
- Repairing furniture, painting and touching up rooms, caulking plumbing fixtures, replacing outlet covers, etc.;
- Keeping storage areas, tools, and equipment orderly and organized;
- Completing work order requests in a timely manner as assigned;
- Assisting with snow removal by operating vehicles for snow plowing, snow blowing, and shoveling;
- Performing related duties as required.
Work Schedule: Multiple Tours (as determined by supervisor/service needs)
Position Description Title/PD#: Maintenance Mechanic NTE 9/30/2021/PD05952ACV19
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589789100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.