This position is in the Office of the Administrator, Legislative and Regulatory Review Staff.Learn more about this agency
The Information Collection Officer provides technical assistance, guidance, and advice to Agency managers and staff and develops Agency policies and procedures. The position also serves as an official point for public and staff access to the Agency's information collections, and for a broad range of information, reports and reference guides pertaining to the Agency's regulatory responsibilities.
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- Participates on or leads teams for projects, studies, data analysis, and/or programs concerning information collection, and policy analysis activities while maintaining an awareness of organizational needs and sensitivities.
- Coordinates and/or prepares presentations, reports, studies and responses to policy and technical inquiries. Prepares and presents materials as necessary in response to complex and sensitive inquiries from within and outside the Commission.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations on information collection and data requirements based on Agency statutory and regulatory requirements and the need for value and cost of the information and data to be collected, modified or eliminated.
- Provides timely customer service for the intended audience. Interprets and explains the statutes, policy, procedures, and guidelines affecting AMS information collections and requirements to AMS staff and the public.
- Plans, organizes and conducts policy and data analyses of the Agency?s information collection activities to ensure adherence to the requirements of the Paperwork Reduction Act, Regulatory Flexibility Act, and Congressional Review Act.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589768200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.