THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a UNIT DEPLOYMENT MANAGER (Title 5), Position Description Number T5741300 and is part of the IL 183 WG, National Guard.
As a UNIT DEPLOYMENT MANAGER (Title 5), GS-0301-9, you will ensure personnel are qualified and ready to meet Air Expeditionary Force requirements.
- Plan, organize, and oversee all unit level deployment activities.
- Use established guidance, develop and implement home station military workload mitigation plans to maximize deployable capability.
- Review all deployment related documents for applicable equipment and personnel tasking's and identifies the units total deployment requirements.
- Work closely with unit personnel to tailor packages required to meet exercise and contingency deployment actions.
- Plan and schedule personnel deployment/redeployment processing within the Installation Personnel Readiness (IPR) office and ensure a smooth and orderly flow of deployment personnel.
- Ensure continuing support for communications requirements are accomplished throughout the deployment duration.
- Establish metric and system analysis systems for unit and higher level management to assess the efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with regulatory procedures.
- Analyze the combat capability of unit through intensive evaluation of training, equipment status, manning, and unit supervision.
- Review data to determine deficiencies, if any, and direct or perform appropriate corrective actions.
- Provide manning and material reports to functional managers on UTC make-up to meet contingency and peacetime mission requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations to senior leadership regarding unit deployment program.
- Advise commander on the direction, management, and operation of all aspects of unit deployment capabilities.
- Answer policy or procedural program questions concerning deployment process and programs.
- Advise commander on the impact of deployment requirements, prepare statistics, shortfall letters, and informs commander of the effects of local capabilities.
- Provide information regarding status of deployment actions, deployment dates, deployment shortfalls as required, and unit personnel readiness.
- Ensure personnel and equipment readiness.
- Ensure the unit is ready to meet wartime and peacetime mobility tasking's by scheduling and tracking unit deployment training.
- Conduct initial review of folders with each individual and ensure new personnel receive proper training.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589767300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.