This position is located in the Emergency Department Service, Eastern Colorado Health Care System, Aurora, CO. The primary purpose of this position is to provide executive level advice and assistance to the Chief of the Emergency Department.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent performs a variety of duties in a constantly evolving, complex and diverse health care system which provides services across a vast geographic catchment area. Some of the duties included within this series include, but are not limited to the following:
- Administrative Management (AM) - Coordinates personnel actions for all employees in the service, maintains personnel-related records, establishes performance standards/competencies, recommends performance ratings, writes position descriptions, and handles matters involving recruitment, promotion, awards, and position classification.
- Timekeeping duties and provides guidance to staff regarding tours-of-duty and premium pay.
- Computer Knowledge: Ability to Use MS Word or comparable word processing software to execute several office automation functions, MS Excel or other comparable spreadsheet software to develop and change spreadsheets in order to graphically display data, MS Outlook or other comparable e-mail and scheduling software to transmit and receive e-mail and maintain an electronic calendar, MS PowerPoint or other comparable graphics software to develop presentation materials., Veterans Health Information & Technology Architecture (VistA) to access information in the facility/Network computer system.
- Resource Management (RM) - Analyzes and prepares business plans, budget submissions, manages fund control point usage, and manages personnel and space issues, which are ultimately used to present a total resource picture. Maintains awareness of and information about the overall status of financial resources to react to changing situations with timely recommendations.
- As the service fiscal management key official, he/she formulates and submits a budget plan each fiscal year in addition to periodic adjustments. Provides advice and assistance to the Chief of the Emergency Department on funds availability and how to maximize actual dollar allocations and assists with position management. Manages Fee Basis personnel budgets abiding by VA Human Resources regulations. Allocates funds to fund control points and communicates this information to the Fiscal Service.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 7:30am to 4:00pm
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Administrative Officer/PD12633O
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589739300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.