Announcement amended to extend closing date.
This position is located in the Office of Planning, Design and Construction (OPDC), Smithsonian Facilities (SF), Smithsonian Institution. The incumbent serves as a construction representative in the Construction Division providing the Deputy Director and/or Resident Engineer with a wide range of expertise in architectural, construction, and engineering matters.Learn more about this agency
- Coordinates on-site inspections during construction and determines that all foundations, structural, mechanical/electrical, and architectural features are installed in compliance with contract plans and specifications.
- Compiles information necessary to formulate reports, presentations, or documentation for construction engineering assignments.
- Resolves unusual situations including structural, mechanical, electrical, civil and architectural.
- Troubleshoots construction problems that are unprecedented or present multidisciplinary consideration and need to be integrated into the design.
- Directs a team of representatives assigned to a project from inception through completion.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589691400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.