This is considered the full performance level for nonsupervisory positions. An MT/CLS at this level develops, performs, evaluates, interprets, correlates, and validates the accuracy of laboratory procedures and results. Candidate must have experience Microbiology/Molecular.Learn more about this agency
- Performs a broad range of laboratory procedures including all testing and tasks of the medical laboratory technician occupation.
- In addition, performs advanced and complex laboratory procedures; recognizes deviation from expected results; analyzes and corrects problems using scientific principles.
- Evaluates and solves problems related to collection and processing of biological specimens for analysis taking into account physiologic processes and requirements.
- Maintains and documents the optimal functioning of laboratory equipment. Uses, calibrates, identifies malfunctions, repairs, and performs preventive maintenance of laboratory equipment. Diagnoses, deviations in test performance due to instrument malfunction.
- Performs and documents quality control and assurance activities and corrective action s related to test performance using statistical principles and theories of performance improvement.
- Adheres to practices and regulations governing bio-safety and bio-security in the workplace.
- Identifies discrepancies, solves problems, and presents solutions.
- Answers inquiries regarding test results, methodology, test specificity, test sensitivity, and specific factors, which influence test results. Interprets results and suggests follow-up test selection or procedures.
- Evaluates and implements new techniques and procedures in the laboratory in terms of equipment, method comparison, and establishment of reference interval s using statistical methods and theoretical knowledge.
- Interprets findings and makes recommendations.
- Incorporates principles of educational methodology in the instruction and training of new employees and students and in the laboratory' s in-service/continuing education program.
- Communicates effectively and courteously while working as a healthcare team member. Provides excellent service as defined by the customer (healthcare providers, patients, and others). Provides direction and guidance using underlying principles of laboratory testing.
- Organizes work and sets priorities to meet deadlines.
- Work Schedule: Full-Time 8 hour shifts with schedule between 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM Monday - Friday with rotating weekends and holidays.
- Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589664700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.