The U.S. Secret Service, Office of Technical Development and Mission Support, Technical Security Division, is responsible for providing a technically secure environment for the President at the White House, Vice Presidential Residence, and such places that the President and Vice President may be temporarily located and providing technical security for other protectees during travel and at their residences, as directed or requested. For more information on the Secret Service click here.Learn more about this agency
The Office of Technical Development and Mission Support, Technical Security Division is seeking to hire talented individuals to provide overall program and project planning, coordination, management, and quality assurance for interrelated technical areas including, but not limited to: chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosives (CBRNE) threat detection and countermeasures; infrastructure protection; and protective equipment for CBRNE safety.
If selected, you will serve as an IT Specialist on specialized projects and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in developing, formulating, planning, managing, directing and executing operational programs, thus promoting best practices and enhancing the agency’s investigative and protective missions.
IT Network - duties may include:
- Installing, configuring, operating, maintaining and optimizing Secret Service data networked equipment, components, operating systems and software, to include computers, printers, fiber local area network (LAN, wide area network(WAN) metropolitan area network (MAN) routers, switches, routers, hubs, firewalls, intrusion detection systems.
- Managing complex projects, preparing project plans, contingency plans, objectives, schedules, allocating and assigning resources;
- Defining system administration standards and processes for maintaining a sound server and system infrastructure.
- Defining and developing network standards and processes for maintaining a sound network architecture and infrastructure.
IT Security - duties may include:
- Developing policies and procedures for the Division's related security systems, certification and accreditation to ensure compliance with various Federal regulatory requirements;
- Evaluating established policies to determine if new methods or procedures are needed to integrate information systems security with other security disciplines;
- Conducting periodic and continuous reviews of IT systems to ensure compliance and maintain existing information system security documentation including system security plans, security controls matrix and assessments and security configuration guides;
- Overseeing and providing direction on information assurance, cybersecurity requirements and enforces managerial and operational security controls in accordance with principles established by NIST.
25% or less - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589567300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.