CMS Pathways 2021 Summer Internships will be 100% telework for the duration of the temporary Summer appointment.Learn more about this agency
Interns are hired in several organizational components within CMS. For more information about organizational components in CMS, visit http://www.cms.gov/.
As a Student Trainee (Data Science), GS-1599-7, you will have direct access to big data. See responsibilities below for more specifics.
- Participate in using code and statistical analysis to collect, analyze, and interpret data.
- Adjust and correlate data into logical results.
- Perform statistical and other advanced analysis to find patterns and relationships within large volumes of data.
- Collect data and information, performing data quality reviews, running statistical models, conduct data analysis, and provide assessments to management.
- Support preparation of reports including creation of visualizations (e.g., graphs in excel), translation to business intelligence tools, and/or development of written materials to convey statistical information and business insights.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 5% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589531200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.