CMS Pathways 2021 Summer Internships will be 100% telework for the duration of the temporary Summer appointment.Learn more about this agency
Interns are hired in several organizational components within CMS. For more information about organizational components in CMS, visit http://www.cms.gov/.
As a Student Trainee (Contracting), GS-1199-4, you will perform a variety of tasks assigned to gain experience in the practical application of acquisition principles, procedures, and techniques.
- Provide support and assistance to Contract Specialists, Contracting Officers, and other departmental personnel.
- Monitor contract files to ensure progress of contracts (i.e., delivery schedules, exercising options, etc.).
- Participate and assist in issuing contract modifications.
- Assemble necessary required documents for processing by the contracting office and ensure documents comply with appropriate correspondence guidance and contractual requirements.
- Prepare and coordinate various memorandums, documentation, and actions within the office and with outside organizational units.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 5% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589529700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.