Organizational Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Office of Acquisition Management, in Irving, Texas and Washington, District of Columbia.Learn more about this agency
This is a bargaining unit position.
This announcement will remain open until January 14, 2022. Cut-off dates for referral to hiring managers for selection consideration will be established as needed by the agency. Due to high volume of applicants, not all applicants will be considered.
As a Contract Specialist you will perform the following duties:
- Solicitating, administrating, close-out and termination of purchase orders and contracts;
- Acquiring a wide variety of commodities including but not limited to furniture, telecommunication equipment, ammunition and surveillance equipment;
- Purchasing and/or managing a variety of service contracts including IT support services, financial management services, detention management services and guard services;
- Developing, implementing and reviewing contracting plans for pre-award, post-award, price/cost analysis and a wide variety of procurement activities;
- Providing technical advice, guidance and legal interpretation in all areas of contracting.
- Information Technology Division (ITD): The ITD provides procurement services for Automated Information Systems (AIS), approved Information Technology (IT) services requirements and Private Branch Exchange (PBX phone systems).
- Detention, Compliance and Removals (DCR): The DCR division provides acquisition support to ICE Headquarters and Field Offices throughout the country for detention, along with ancillary services and supplies in support of the ICE mission.
- Mission Support (MS): The MS Washington contracting division awards and administers contracts and interagency agreements for a broad range of supplies and services (other than IT) and provides mission-based acquisition support to various program offices within the ICE Office of the Director.
- Investigations and Operations Support Dallas (IOSD): Provides mission-based acquisition support to all programs under the Office of Homeland Security Investigations, Office of Professional Responsibility, Office of Principal Legal Advisor, and the Office of Human Capital. Four teams supporting Investigations procure supplies and services in support of domestic and international operations, undercover operations, counter-terrorism, human smuggling and trafficking, cyber-crimes, financial investigations, and a variety of other Investigations activities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589528200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.