The HR Specialist positions are located in Human Resources Management and Consulting Service (HRMACS). The HR Specialist's primary purpose is to provide operations support and technical guidance on program processes, and demonstrate expertise in a wide variety of human resources management activities and programs. As a high level and independent HR Specialist, you will provide federal staffing guidance as well as perform administrative, evaluative, analytical, consultative and technical work.Learn more about this agency
This position is non-bargaining.
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist in each location but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement.
Applicant resumes will not be reviewed until there is actually a request to fill a vacancy in a particular location.
When a request to fill a vacancy is received, the 1st 100 candidates who applied will be reviewed and referred accordingly.
You are applying to a public notice that will be used to fill current and future vacancies. Please note, there may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur.
We will not review your resume for qualifications until we receive a request to fill a vacancy using this public notice at which time you will be notified about the status of your application. You will not receive a notice regarding the status of your application other than the initial acknowledgement until a request is received to fill a position using this public notice.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Virtual: This is a virtual position that will be required to work in the nearest VA facility, if o??ice space is available.
Position Description Title/PD#: Human Resources Specialist/ PD0307-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary, although some slight physical effort may be required. Public speaking is required therefore employee must be able to travel.
- Provide a variety of human resources management (HRM) services as well as consultation to support strategic goals and objectives.
- Provide comprehensive staffing and placement services and coordinate with, and advise managers, supervisors and other HR professionals on technical issues involving recruitment and placement actions.
- Utilize the USA Staffing automated system to announce internal and external vacancies.
- Create assessment tools to accurately evaluate, rate, and rank applicants and create and issue merit promotion and delegated examining certificates to refer qualified candidates.
- Conduct job analyses on a wide variety of complex positions using research and analytical techniques to gather, document, and analyze information to develop qualifications rating factors.
25% or less - Travel required up to 25% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589464700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.