The Lead Medical Support Assistant is assigned to the Health Administration Service (HAS) of the VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System (ECHCS). Coordinates functions of the team of employees who perform work at the GS-3, GS-4, GS-5 and GS-6 levels by providing expert advice in the accomplishment of tasks or projects in order to accomplish the work of the clinics.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent must be able to interpret and communicate requirements of VHA Scheduling Directives and complete accurate scheduling responsibilities. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Daily review of active/pending consults. Electronic Wait List, Recall list and audio-care communication for accuracy and disposition.
- Review schedules and endures clinic slots are managed appropriately to maximize capacity making schedule changes as necessary.
- Coordinate and schedule labs and other test(s) and monitor pre-appointment requirements to ensure readiness.
- Explain to patient and their family members procedures on the phone.
- Participates in meetings with other interdisciplinary members to manage and plan patient care/flow.
- Identify and develop ways to resolve problems with the administrative and clinical staff on access, customer service, patient flow, revenue , and data validation issues.
- Generates patient workload reports concerning schedules validation and accurate reporting.
- Conducts patient/employee interview, observes workflow, documents complaints and suggests resolutions to supervisor.
- The Lead MSA must maintain the ability to perform the varied and complex duties of each of the Program Support Assistants and the Medical Support Assistants in the Clinical Support Section.
- The Lead MSA fully participates in the daily team huddles and weekly team meetings where patient care planning and management occur.
- The Lead MSA may also be asked to assist in the Beneficiary Travel Program and Health Benefits Unit.
- The Lead MSA can independently manage position responsibilities with minimal supervision as well as set priorities and deadlines adjusting the flow and sequencing of the work to meet team and patient needs.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589463600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.