Working under the NSL-Gastonia Chemistry Section supervisor, the incumbent serves as a senior analytical chemist and subject matter expert specializing in chemical and nutritional analysis of agricultural commodities, food, and other sample types.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to: Serves as an authority in testing agricultural commodities, food, and other sample types using chemical and nutritional analysis.
- Operates laboratory equipment and instrumentation utilized in the preparation and analysis of samples.
- Evaluates specific instrument and equipment needs and requirements as they relate to various analyses and considers available technology and recommends specific approaches.
- Performs and oversees sample preparation, extraction methods and complex evaluations using official and non-official methodologies.
- Utilizes a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for sample login, results entry and report generation.
- Collaborates with the supervisor in conducting technical audits of laboratory operations, develops findings and recommendations, and prepares written reports.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589463500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.