The position is located in the Acquisitions Unit in the Information Resources Branch providing advice and guidance to team members concerning the principles of selection of library resources, methods of bibliographic research, standards and practices of the information marketplace, Federal procurement regulations, various methods of procurement of library resources and the employment of streamlined acquisitions procedures that utilize evolving IT to facilitate the acquisitions process.Learn more about this agency
- Explains team goals and objectives to team members and assists them accomplishing its work.
- Instructs team members in specific acquisitions tasks and work techniques, makes available written instructions and relevant reference materials and provides advice on interpretation of the instructions and references.
- Acts as Library Procurement Officer in carrying out most intricate acquisitions procedures for the Library that require specialized knowledge of sources necessary for searching out and identifying new channels for procurement of library materials
- Cultivates important relationships with clients and library sources, deals with many requesters for procurement services.
- Identifies significant gaps in library collection and acquires materials needed to support Department of State foreign affairs mission requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be required to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589324800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.