This position is located in the Office of Cuba Broadcasting (OCB), assisting the Director in managing planning and strengthening the programs which position OCB as a consistently reliable and authoritative source of news and information across traditional and new media platforms. As the Deputy Director, the incumbent serves as a principal advisor to the OCB Director, contributing to raising OCBs profile, influencing policy, engaging stakeholders, mobilizing resources and increasing its impact.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in strategic planning process, ensuring that OCB aligns its goals and objectives with the overall strategic themes of the Broadcasting Board of Governors.
- Provide extraordinary leadership for the formulation of OCB positions, goals, objectives and strategies on complex and controversial broadcasting issues.
- Working closely with Divisional leadership to achieve key program goals and develop strategies to align with OCB organizational mission and strategic plans by coordinating broadcasting activities and efforts across OCB.
- Developing and monitoring priorities, goals, and outcomes.
- Building and fostering collaborative relationships with other divisions and services within OCB to stay informed and abreast of new initiatives, programs and services.
- Leading senior level program officials in key planning meetings and deliberations concerning the development of new OCB initiatives, program goals and objectives.
- Planning and implementing efforts to enhance strategic cooperation between the BBG networks, and increasing collaboration and coordination efforts with USAGM networks in the planning, production and distribution of multimedia content.
- Overseeing and providing management of the Divisional program leadership for the technical, quality, and accuracy of news information.
- Ensuring adherence to the journalistic principals in communicating information to world-wide audiences consistent with the VOA Charter, and with the Broadcasting Standards and Broadcasting Principles of the U.S. International Broadcasting Act of 1994.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589314800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.