WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENDIVISION: The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A SECRETARY DO? IRS Secretaries work in every Business Unit and provide a wide range of administrative and secretarial services within an organization. This may include using a variety of computer applications, organizing and maintaining files, providing telephone and receptionist services, arranging conferences and meetings, typing and reviewing correspondence and meeting minutes, arranging travel itineraries, and briefing the manager on important issues.
As a Secretary you will:
- Receive telephone calls, provide information, answer questions and direct calls and visitors to appropriate official.
- Conduct a thorough review of all correspondence, determine deadlines and offer suggestions concerning actions to be taken.
- Prepare and type a variety of reports, forms, requisitions, and legal documents using word processor or personal computer.
- Organize and maintain files, records, manuals, handbooks, and other related materials.
- Plan conferences and coordinate the development of its agenda.
- Consolidate comments from management officials, and summarizes material for conferences.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589308600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.