Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the best places to work in the federal government! The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Jobs Website.Learn more about this agency
During the current period of maximum telework required by the Agency’s COVID-19 response, telework will be maximized. When it is determined the Agency will be moving to the reopening phase, the expectation will be to physically return to the office at the USPTO – Alexandria, VA campus. Telework days and any waiting period for eligibility will be determined at that time.
This position is located in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), Office of Administrative Services (OAS), Space & Facilities Management Division (SFMD), Space and Project Management Branch.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Develop, maintain, and oversee a complete inventory of U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's (USPTO) building and space data; establishes space standards; ensure floor plans and seat assignments are up to date by conducting space audits.
- Develop space utilization, performance metrics and analyses that assist Space and Facilities Management Division (SFMD) leadership in making planning decisions and resource allocations concerning space.
- Collaborate and evaluate BU proposals for facilities renovation and expansion to ensure that they align with the goals of the institution and are responsible/appropriate in terms of resource and square footage requirements.
- Write correspondence reports, or other documents related to self-directed work assignments or developmental activities; independently plans and prepares reports or other working documents related to complex program issues.
- Prepare and give briefings regarding a variety of topics, programs, projects, etc.; use a variety of automated presentation packages for the most effective exchange of ideas and information.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589277700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.