This position is located with the Agricultural Research Service, Animal Metabolism-Agricultural Chemicals Research Unit in Fargo, ND.The incumbent is responsible for investigating the absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion of agriculturally relevant chemicals in food or laboratory animals and for characterizing chemical residues in food-animal products. Learn more about this agency
- Investigate the absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion of agriculturally relevant chemicals in food (cattle, swine, poultry) or laboratory animals.
- Characterizing chemical residues in food-animal (cattle, swine, poultry) products (milk, meat, eggs) and/or excreta (urine/feces).
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative characterization of parent compound and/or metabolites in biological matrices of scientific or regulatory interest.
- Provides expertise to team members on applicable in vitro and(or) in vivo methods for determining the metabolic fate of chemicals in food animals or food animal products.
- Provides material contributions to research publications, annual reports, and project plans reviewed by the Office of Scientific Quality Review (OSQR). Assures that human, fiscal, and physical resources are utilized as planned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589266800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.