Incumbent will function a staff member providing scientific/engineering advice, guidance and assistance to NNSA program offices or site managers on the interpretation and application of technical requirements and policies.
This announcement is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Virtual Job fair #NNSAJOBFAIR .
The salary stated above is basic salary. Locality pay will be added depending upon the duty station.Learn more about this agency
As a General Engineer/Physical Scientist, you will:
- Provide scientific/engineering advice, guidance and assistance to NNSA program offices or site managers on the interpretation and application of technical requirements and policies, execution of priorities and schedules, implementation of data exchanges and standardization, evaluation of significant modifications and/or alternative approaches, and initiation of revisions or corrective actions as required.
- Develop estimates for inclusion in program budget, supporting data and justifications for assigned program segments.
- Review budget input from contractors, make revisions as appropriate.
- Recommend revisions to program schedules and resource information.
- Establishes and tracks performance against technical milestones.
- Review progress of engineering/scientific technical activities; compare costs and schedule to established baseline; and provide timely and accurate status reports to management.
- Evaluate field site and/or contractor performance.
- Conduct annual reviews of budget documents, strategic plans, management commitments, regulatory compliance agreements and incentive contracts and fees to ensure consistency with program guidance and approved baselines, review deviations in critical path, and recommend changes in performance measures and other milestones/events.
- Independently make decisions concerning both technical and administrative policies and resolve controversial problems and/or conflicting points of view concerning the adequacy of the contractor’s environmental, safety and health procedures or compliance with applicable orders, laws, and regulations.
- Participate in hearings, high level meetings, conferences and special working groups with contractor and other subject matter experts; Federal, state, and local regulators (e.g. EPA, NRC, etc), and oversight entities (e.g. Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
03 - This position is at the full performance level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589242200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.