This announcement is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Virtual job fair #NNSAJOBFAIR .
The salary stated above is basic salary. Locality pay will be added depending upon the duty station.Learn more about this agency
As a General Engineer/Physical Scientist, you will:
- Conduct walk-through inspections of the facilities and/or operations for the purpose of identifying hazards, incidents of non-compliance with standards and guidelines, and potential problem areas. Ensure that activities are performed within approved safe operating envelopes and in compliance with applicable orders, laws, and regulations.
- Monitor integrated and complex systems involving: unique equipment, facility designs, operations and processes, a variety of human factors, and dangerous operations and processes.
- Ensure contractor management control systems and procedures adhere to NNSA/DOE and national nuclear, radiological and/or industrial safety, and environmental compliance program requirements, policies and practices, and contractual obligations.
- Ensure that activities are performed within approved safe operating envelopes and in compliance with applicable orders, laws, and regulations.
- Make contractor and site management aware of issues and concerns and recommends potential solutions to regulatory, technical and/or programmatic issues and requirements.
- Serve as the primary interface between local NNSA/DOE management and the contractor, and maintains cognizance of all operational activities, both technical and administrative, in providing technical and policy guidance, direction and interpretation.
- Observe, appraise and evaluates contractor performance through surveillance, field observations, and the evaluation of operational integration of production, environmental compliance, maintenance, utility operations, quality of performance, and industrial, radiological and/or nuclear safety.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel away from the official duty station may be required.
04 - This position has career promotion potential to EN-04.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589223700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.