Looking for a highly qualified Health Technician who will be responsible for initiating and carrying out a variety of administrative, laboratory and echocardiogram duties in support of patient examinations in the Primary Care Clinic and CBOCs.Learn more about this agency
- The incumbent provides and performs administrative, venipuncture and echocardiograms in coordination of patient examinations and advise the professional staff on administrative order request for venipuncture.
- Ensures all orders for venipuncture and EKG's are completed.
- Performs standard diagnostic tests or procedures such as electrocardiograms, attaching electrodes to chest area of patient for testing results transmission, venipuncture for collection of blood specimen according to written protocol or as directed by the physician or other professional staff.
- Aware of the appropriate needle based on patient's physical characteristics and the amount of blood to be drawn.
- Incumbent is responsible for accurate labeling and packaging of samples for transport to facility lab.
- Relays telephonic, e-mail and face to face messages to team members. Analyzes situations to determine what decisions can be made or if advice of a higher authority is needed, especially for problems that may involve public relations.
- Receives and reviews new lab and EKG orders. Complete orders the day of patients schedule Primary Care Clinic and CBOC appointment. Accurately maintains the order tracking package.
- The incumbent obtains all key information needed and initiates administrative processing of physician orders in a timely manner. All key information must be acquired before treatment orders are entered.
- This includes but is not limited to: ordering of diagnostic tests, labs, requesting medical records from other facilities, etc. Assures that patients are comfortable and treated courteously, enthusiastically and in a timely manner.
- The incumbent receives and reviews new requests.
- Coordinates with team members to assure that patients are seen in a timely manner.
- The incumbent ensures that the Provider is aware of clinic schedules and coordinates with team members for patients to be seen in a timely manner.
- Ensures maximum utilization of available provider appointment times.
- Coordinates consultations and referrals of patients to other specialty services.
- The incumbent will analyze, interpret and implement regulations accurately to reflect current operating procedures and is familiar with procedures concerning changes in regulations or policies.
- Maintains and understands standard medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Acquires and maintains computer literacy and knowledge of all computer packages which are used to support patient care and required to perform duties.
- Obtains clinical information from clinicians such as laboratory, radiology and other reports from VISTA/CPRS.
- Completes order entries into CPRS daily to assure proper workload credit and statistical information is maintained for the Medical Center.
- Completes necessary disposition entries into VISTA daily for scheduled outpatient visits under PCE to ensure proper workload credit and statistical information is maintained for the Medical Center.
- Processes orders and records information on a variety of records.
- Requests medical information from other facilities.
- Incumbent ensures all visitors and telephone calls are referred in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Ascertains the nature of the call or the business of the visitor and determines the appropriate action.
- Personally handles most requests for information, but when the situation cannot be resolved, refers the call or visitor to the appropriate individual.
- Acts in the capacity of liaison between patients, team members as well as specialty and ancillary services.
- Provides information and technical support on availability of services, points of contact and necessary authorizations and approvals.
- Works and communicates effectively with all health care team members, peers, patients and significant others.
- Looks for delays in processing or problems in providing care and will recommend action to resolve these problems.
- The incumbent will listens to all customer/patient feedback, positive and negative, acts to resolve complaints within his or her control, and reports feedback to management (or team leader) in a timely manner.
- Complies with all OSHA safety/fire prevention rules/regulations, using protective equipment when required.
- Promptly reports all accidents and notifies supervisor of unsafe or unhealthy conditions in the workplace.
- Prepares travel vouchers for patient travel as required.
- Responsible for ordering and maintains office supplies.
- Reports broken/unsafe equipment and removes all hazardous items from use and enters electronic work order requests as necessary.
- Attends scheduled training sessions and participates in facility or service level safety promotions as directed by supervisor.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 0730 - 1600; Overtime/Shift/Weekend Work may be required.
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Health Technician - Specialty Clinic/PD07486A
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589205200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.