This position is located in the Livestock, Poultry and Grain Market News Division, Livestock & Poultry Program. The purpose of the Market News program is to provide current, accurate, and impartial data and information on the distribution, prices and other factors. The incumbent serves as Assistant to the Division Director, and as such, assignments are extremely varied and cover the entire range of the Division operations, as well as provide support for the Livestock & Poultry Program.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Aids the Director and Deputy Director in directing and coordinating the execution of Division policies and programs.
- Reviews and evaluates operations to determine their effectiveness or deficiencies and to promote more efficient methods of handling the work.
- Assist the Field Chiefs, supervisors, and Officers-in-Charge in developing and maintaining current Federal-State Cooperative Agreements
- Responsible for representing the Division and the Livestock and Poultry Program at various Agency and Departmental meetings as assigned.
- Responsible for handling a variety of oral and written requests for data, received from other offices of the Program, other Federal and State Government agencies, the public and others.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589205000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.