This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Civil Rights Directorate, (CG-00H), Office of Civil Rights Operations (CG-00H-2), Solutions & Complaints Staff (CG-00H-2S), Washington, DC.
.Learn more about this agency
As an Attorney Advisor in the Solutions and Complaints Division within the Civil Rights Directory, Headquarters, USCG, you will be working in collaboration with other CG Civil Rights Region offices and consistent with the business rules of the CG Judge Advocate General, provide legal advice, and perform a range of functions in support in support of the Civil Rights Office. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide legal services to the Civil Rights office.
USCG civilians are valuable members of the USCG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Providing legal advice in regards to Discrimination Complaints, performing duties as Individual with Disabilities Manager, writing Final Agency Decisions for discrimination complaints, writing Drafts for Reasonable Accommodations, appeals within the Coast Guard and providing responses to FOIA requests.
- Rendering legal advice on matters involving the law of civilian employment, Individuals with disabilities issues, Reasonable Accommodations, Section 504 and 508 and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
- Advising on issues arising under FOIA, Privacy Act, Individuals with Disabilities Programs and provide legal review and legal sufficiency opinion to EEO matters.
- Serving as a Civil Rights attorney advising on compliance with all manner of laws, regulations, policies, and agreements not otherwise falling within the expertise of another legal specialist elsewhere in the CG.
- Representing the Solutions and Complaints Division in informal negotiations with other agencies or entities, conferences, and seminars.
- Participating and providing specialized and mandatory training for managers, supervisor, and employees.
Occasional travel - Infrequent travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589190800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.