Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This position is located within Human Capital, Recruitment and Hiring Directorate, Headquarters Hiring Operations Division (HHOD). HHOD is responsible for providing strategic advisory and consultative services to all Headquarters level program offices in TSA for position management, classification, recruitment, and hiring activities and initiatives. If selected for this position, you will serve as a Supervisory Human Resources Specialist. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manages a team of HR Consultants who provide strategic guidance and advice on position management, recruitment, and hiring to management personnel in assigned program offices.
- Oversees the work of contractor personnel engaged in developing job announcements, conducting qualifications, and issuing certificates at the direction of Federal HR staff; monitors compliance with established procedures and ensures quality of work products/services.
- Provides expert advice and guidance to hiring managers on Federal recruitment and hiring strategies; provides options and recommends alternative solutions for position management and staffing activities and programs with long-term implications.
- Oversees special projects and conducts comprehensive studies with significant impact on human capital operations. Develops and/or participates in the development of division or branch standard operating procedures (SOP) and workflow processes.
- Develops reports, briefings, or presentations on operations workload and effectiveness for senior leadership to ensure customer needs are met and performance objectives achieved.
SUPERVISORY/MANAGERIAL PROBATIONARY PERIOD REQUIREMENT: Unless previously completed, you must satisfactorily complete a one-year supervisory probationary period to continue in this supervisory/managerial position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589154400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.