TOUGH WORK. VITAL MISSION. Challenge yourself! You have the power to help combat drug trafficking. Be a part of DEA! It's tough work, but a vital mission. Whatever your background or expertise, your work at DEA will be tremendously rewarding because it will have a daily impact on national security and the quality of life of all Americans.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Forensic Sciences, North Central Laboratory, Chicago, Illinois.
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Supervises general laboratory activities and the analytical work of a group of forensic, clerical, or technical employees. Establishes guidelines and performance expectations for staff members, which are clearly communicated through the formal employee performance management system. Observes workers' performance; demonstrates and conducts work performance critiques.
- Provides technical, administrative and authoritative advice and consultation on a broad-range of matters related to forensic chemistry.
- Monitors and enforces the policies for the strict chain of custody (security) procedures in handling, analysis, and preservation of evidence.
- Consults with attorneys and law enforcement officials in a variety of technical areas. Serves as an expert court witness and provides written reports on findings and conclusions of laboratory analysis that explain the results and validity of testing.
- Reviews reports and documentation, including in areas such as inspections, investigations, and laboratory analysis in order to evaluate impacts on the organization. Writes DEA position in response to requests for advisory opinions from Congress, department officials, or a regulated industry.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589146400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.